PNO Jewelry Design: A Blog about Jewelry

Welcome to my blog about jewelry design. I design jewelry for Pearls Night Out. Pearls Night Out's jewelry is about fun, chic, and style. You can see more at Pearls Night Out at http://www.pearlsnightout.etsy.com or at http://www.pearlsnightout.com. Thanks for visiting and enjoy!

Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

New Beginnings: Part II--Weddings



I love weddings. I love the details that go into the day and I love how a wedding shares who a couple really are. In fact, I started making jewelry during my wedding. I decided to try to make my own necklace, and then I made them for my mother and my bridesmaids as gifts and accessories for the day-of. Never did I imagine that I would enjoy making jewelry as much as I did and that other people would love it, too.

Right now, it seems like I know a lot of people getting married. I'm so happy that one of my co-workers asked me to design the jewelry for her and her bridesmaids. I have designed her necklace already, and that is coming in a future blog post, but since she asked me, I have a lot of wedding jewelry ideas. This necklace, the Celina necklace, is a beautiful piece, designed with the idea of weddings in mind. When I look at it, it makes me daydream of being a bride all over again.

When I was making this necklace, I fell in love (wedding pun intended) with these wavy sterling silver links. I love how gentle they are, and as a group they give a lacy, round feeling to the necklace. Pearls and crystals are always very bridal and are a favorite of mine. I think this necklace would complement a bride who sees herself in many different ways: romantic, classic, timeless.


No comments:

Post a Comment